2nd Meeting of the Italian C.elegans
IBBR, CNR, Naples 5-6 March 2020
We are pleased to announce that the “2nd Meeting of the Italian C. elegans Research Community” (MICeRCo) will take place on 5-6 March 2020 at the IBBR-CNR, Naples (IT).
Thanks to an increasing interest in this animal model and a evergrowing Italian community, we decided to gather together historical and recent C.elegans labs to share informations, tools, ideas.
The main objectives of the meeting are:
• to favor the exchange of ideas, materials and information (on the example of small national meetings already held in Spain, France, United Kingdom and local meetings organized in the United States);
• to consolidate the Italian scientific community of C. elegans thanks to the interaction of Italian researchers working with C.elegans, both in Italy and in Europe;
• to allow researchers working with different models to be aware of the potential offered by C.elegans (whether they already collaborate or intend to collaborate) and give them the opportunity to present results or ideas for future collaborations;
• to give an opportunity to Italians working abroad with C.elegans to know and be known by those who work in Italy;
• to give young people the chance to present their data in an informal environment;
• to introduce the most advanced equipment and technologies from the C.elegans community.
We got more than 50 registered participants from Italy and Europe and 30 abstracts submitted.
Prof. A.E. Salcini (BRIC, Copenaghen) kindly accepted to present a lecture entitled: "Defective axon guidance links H3K4 deregulation to neurodevelopmental disorder".
If you are interested in participating please visit www.micerco.it for more informations.
The official language of the congress will be English.
Elia Di Schiavi (IBBR, Naples) and Simone Martinelli (ISS, Rome).
Pamela Santonicola, Giuseppina Zampi, Luca Pannone