ABCD awards visiting fellowships of €520 to young researchers. The aim is to encourage collaborations and sharing of technical know-how through short visits to a host laboratory in Italy.
Eligibility criteria for visiting fellowships:
- the applicant or one of his/her sponsors (i.e., the applicant’s group leader or head of host laboratory) must be an ABCD member with fully paid dues. ABCD members may sponsor only one applicant;
- the duration of the visit must be approximately 2 weeks and consistent with the research plan: longer or shorter visits will not be considered.
Requests for travel to conferences, courses, workshops, etc. will not be considered. Fellowship applications should be submitted to the General Secretary by e-mail. Applications will be reviewed for scientific content by 2 'peer reviewers' and for compliance with the eligibility criteria by the Secretary/Treasurer. Applications will be processed as received on an ongoing basis while funds are available.
How to apply:
- provide a summary of the research project including a description of the collaborative experiments/technical training to be carried out (max. 2 pages);
- provide a statement of availability of the head of the host laboratory;
- provide a statement of approval by the sponsoring ABCD member (only for those applicants who are not themselves ABCD members).
Successful applicants will receive the visiting fellowship prior to departure by cheque. Visiting researchers must provide the ABCD Secretary with a brief report (approved by the head of the host laboratory) of the work carried out during the visit, within a month of their return.