RESEARCH FELLOW POSITIONS
TO STUDY NUCLEIC ACID SENSING AND INNATE IMMUNITY IN GENE THERAPY
A Research Fellow position is available, starting February 2024, in the Lab of Prof. Anna Kajaste-Rudnitski at the Department of Biology and Biotechnology of the University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy.
Responsibilities for this position:
• Cell culture (cell lines, primary cells)
• Molecular biology, biochemistry (RNA/DNA extraction, PCR, cloning, ELISA, western blots)
• Production of recombinant lentiviral vectors
• Training of new lab members
• Management of the lab purchases
• Organization of routine laboratory activities
• Biomedical degree with prior lab experience
• High accuracy, reliability, precision
• High motivation to work
• Excellent organization skills
• Friendly, collaborative, pro-active mindset
• Good oral and written English skills
• Experience in mouse work and/or induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) and neural stem cell (NSC) cultures are a significant plus.
What we offer
The successful candidate will be offered a 1-year renewable contract and a competitive salary.
The Kajaste Lab, located at the Scientific Pole of Pavia University within the Department of Biology and Biotechnology (DBB), offers a dynamic and stimulating working environment within a motivated team. The DBB benefits from a highly competitive, international, and scientifically stimulating environment and offers excellent working conditions, state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructures (Next Generation Sequencing, Cell Sorting and Imaging, Animal Facilities).
Pavia is a historical city-campus, with a network of university colleges and structures for study and sport that are unique in Italy, offering a vibrant and accessible multicultural environment to enjoy.
Interested candidates should send their informal enquiries with a CV and names of 1-2 references to Anna Kajaste-Rudnitski, firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/KajasteLab
LinkedIn: Anna Kajaste-Rudnitski | LinkedIn