PhD Candidate in Molecular and Cell Biology
Applications are invited for a 3 year position in a Research Fellowship as PhD Candidate in Molecular and Cell Biology to be based at the
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Department of Molecular Medicine, Division of Biochemistry. The position is funded by the Research
Council of Norway (NFR).
The research project will focus on investigating the role of the Golgi apparatus in the controlling the migration and invasion of cancer cells.
The project is intended to combine wet-lab experiments together with mathematical modeling. Therefore, any experience in the use of modeling or with programming languages would be highly beneficial.
The objective of a research fellowship is completion of research training to the level of a doctoral degree. Candidates must have completed higher education equivalent to a Norwegian master degree and be granted admission to the Faculty’s PhD program. The grade requirements is an average grade of no less than grad B on subjects at master’s level and on master thesis. Subjects on bachelor’s level should be no less than grade C. The period devoted to research training may be reduced within the framework of pertaining regulations based on previously held research training positions. The research fellow is expected to complete the project within the set fellowship period.
The research fellow must take part in the Faculty’s approved PhD program and is expected to complete the project within the set fellowship
- Applicants must hold a Master’s degree (equivalent to Norwegian master degrees) in Biology, Biochemistry, Medicine, or a related discipline.
- Applicant must be granted admission to the Faculty’s PhD program
- We are looking for motivated individuals with the personal prerequisites to carry out the project
- Experience with standard biochemical and moleculer biology methods is required
- Basic knowledge of programming and mathematical modeling would be a great advatage
- Excellent command of written and oral English
- Strong team spirit
How to apply
The application must include:
- cover letter (including a summary of the applicant's scientific work and interests and describing how she/he fits the description of the person we seek)
- CV ( education since high school (place, grade), positions held and details of academic work
- copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
- list of publications, published abstracts, presentations
- Copies of educational certificates and transcripts of records
- list of reference persons: 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and phone number)
The application with attachments must be delivered in our electronic recruiting system, please follow the link “apply for this job”. Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University's grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
Applicants may be called in for an interview.
Deadline: June 29, 2017
Contact persons: Associate Professor Hesso Farhan (email@example.com)
For further details please download the attached Job advertisment.